Thursday, May 1, 2014

freedom


I am in a dream-like state.   Many moments of each day have been spent visualizing possibilities.   I am in a period of my life where I am directionless and free.   The openness of my future scared me at first.  I realised I was approaching that point that people have always asked me about as I grew up.   "What would you like to do in the future?"   For so many years I avoided their questions.   I blindly chose to study Liberal Arts when it was time for college because I was obligated to choose something, and I simply felt an affinity to the words "liberal" and "arts".   Now my broad education has been the best decision I've made, because i've been able to study such a variety of topics and be a foreign exchange student, twice.   College is ending for me now and for once it is not a teacher or a mentor asking me what my plans for the future are, but it is my own genuine question.   Every day I am dreaming of what I will do, and my notebook is so filled to the brim with free-writes and brain-storms.   The freedom of the future is not scary but exiting.   So for now I am an explorer, falling so in-love with southern spain and learning to live my life guided by feeling.   It turns out that travelling has been perfect for this time-period, because every day I am meeting people who tell me of possibilities I never would have learned of had I stayed at home.   I don't have a clue what I will "be" in the future just yet, but I am "being" for right now, and here are some of the pictures: